Raspberry Pi is a mini computer for learning, experimentation, and everyday use. Just plug in a micro SD card, USB keyboard, mouse, and display to get started.
The new RPi 2 makes the following improvements over the Model B+:
- Quad-core CPU is 6x faster.
- Double the memory. 1 GB Ram.
- Compatible with existing hardware for Model B+
- Same form factor, and price.
- Quad-core CPU @ 900 Mhz - ARM Cortex A7 ( Broadcom BCM2836 )
- 1024 MB Ram
- Ethernet 10/100
- 4x USB
- Micro SD Card Storage
- Video Output: HDMI and Composite video.
- Audio Output: HDMI and 3.5mm Jack.
- Low level interfaces ( All pins are 3.3v IO and is NOT 5v tolerant )
- Made in UK
Software - Runs various Linux flavors and RiscOS
- Raspian - Debian Linux for the Raspberry Pi
- Pidora - Fedora Linux for the Raspberry Pi
- OpenElec - Linux Entertainment Center
- RaspBMC - Media player distribution for the RaspberryPi
- Arch - Arch Linux
- Risc OS