Raspberry Pi is a mini computer for learning, experimentation, and everyday use. Just plug in a micro SD card, USB keyboard, mouse, and display to get started.
The new Model B+ makes the following improvements over the Model B:
- 4x USB Ports instead of 2
- New switching power supply:
- Saves 0.5W to 1W of power.
- Handles hot swapping of USB devices.
- Micro SD instead of SD which doesn't hang off edge.
- Analog video/audio integrated into single 4 pole jack.
- More IO pins ! 40 instead of 26.
- Improved layout makes mounting and integration easier.
- Broadcom BCM2835 SoC
- 700 Mhz ARM CPU
- 512 MB Ram
- Ethernet 10/100
- 4x USB
- Micro SD Card Storage
- Video Output: HDMI and Composite video.
- Audio Output: HDMI and 3.5mm Jack.
- Low level interfaces ( All pins are 3.3v IO and is NOT 5v tolerant )
- Made in UK
Software - Runs various Linux flavors and RiscOS
- Raspian - Debian Linux for the Raspberry Pi
- Pidora - Fedora Linux for the Raspberry Pi
- OpenElec - Linux Entertainment Center
- RaspBMC - Media player distribution for the RaspberryPi
- Arch - Arch Linux
- Risc OS