SelfBuilt is on holiday from December 20 - January 4, 2017. Any orders received during this time will be processed when we get back on January 4. Thanks.
The Galileo is an Arduino compatible development board based on the Intel Quark SoC X1000.
Improvements for Gen 2 are the following:
- 6-pin 3.3V USB TTL UART header replaces 3.5mm jack RS-232 console port for Linux debug. This connector works with standard FTDI USB serial cables and popular USB-to-Serial breakout boards.
- 12 GPIOs now fully native for greater speed and improved drive strength.
- 12-bit pulse-width modulation (PWM) for more precise control and smoother response.
- Console UART1 can be redirected to Arduino* headers in sketches, eliminating the need for soft-serial in many cases.
- 12V Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) capable (PoE module installation required).
- Power regulation system changed to accept power supplies from 7V to 15V.