The Yun combines the classic Arduino environment with a fast processor running Linux. Ethernet, Wifi, USB A port, and SD storage are integrated providing great flexibility in a size no larger than the Arduino UNO. This powerful and convenient combination allows you to:
- Upload programs wirelessly over Wifi from the Arduino IDE.
- Develop quickly on the Linux side using the Python programming language for scripting.
- Make use of USB devices such as audio cards and webcams.
- Connect directly to complex network APIs and services directly from the Yun
If you need extended range for wireless add an SMA pigtail to connect an external antenna.
- Linux / Linio ( OpenWRT based )
- Processor: Atheros AR9331 @ 400 Mhz
- 64 MB Ram / 16 MB Flash
- Ethernet 10/100 Mbit/s
- Wifi 802.11 b/g/n - ( U.FL antenna jack )
- Microcontroller: ATmega32u4
- 2.5KB Ram / 32 KB flash
- 20 - Digital I/O pins - 7 PWM capable
- 12 - Analog Inputs
Being one of the newest Arduino it requires a beta version of the IDE located here: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
Yún board overview:
Yún user guide: